West Bengal Sub Inspector 400 Posts Recruitment – Police Recruitment Board, West Bengal has issued notification for recruitment of sub inspector for total of 400 posts. The recruitment will be both for male and female candidates. In total of 400 posts, there will be recruitment of sub inspector for un-armed posts and sub inspector for armed posts. If you meet the given criteria, then you can apply for west Bengal sub inspector posts.
Vacancy Details for West Bengal Sub Inspector
- Vacancy available for Sub Inspector (Armed) is 100 posts.
- Vacancy available for Sub Inspector (Un-Armed) is 270 posts.
- Vacancy available for Lady Sub Inspector (Un-Armed) is 30 posts.
Salary Details for West Bengal Sub Inspector
The salary for sub inspector armed and un-armed posts for both male and female candidates will be between Rs 7,100 to Rs 37,600 with per month grade pay of Rs 3,900. Apart from basic salary and grade pay, candidates will get other allowances facility.
Eligibility Details for West Bengal Sub Inspector
- If you have a bachelor degree, then you can apply for west Bengal sub inspector post.
- Maximum age allowed for west Bengal sub inspector post is 35 years. However candidates belonging from reserved category will get age relaxation as per central government norms.
- You should be from constable and assistant sub inspector police under west Bengal state. If you are working as Havildar/ Naik/ Lance Naik and Rifleman, then you should have minimum 03 years of satisfactory service.
Physical Standards for West Bengal Sub Inspector
Selection Process for West Bengal Sub Inspector
The selection of candidates for west Bengal sub inspector 400 posts, it will be done in three stages. These stages of selection will be written test, physical measurement test and personality test. Each stage of selection process will be of different marks. The written test will be of 200 marks and personality test will be of 30 marks.
Exam Syllabus for West Bengal Sub Inspector
The written examination will have three papers and each paper will be different marks and different durations.
- Paper I for sub inspector posts – This paper will have questions from General Studies and Arithmetic. The total duration of Paper I will be of 02 hours. Questions from general studies will be of 80 marks and from arithmetic, it will be 20 marks.
- Paper II for sub inspector posts – This paper will have questions from English. Total marks of this paper will be of 50 and total duration will be of 01 hour.
- Paper III for sub inspector posts – You will get option to write this paper either in Bengali/ Nepali/ Urdu/ Hindi. This paper will also of 50 marks and total duration will be of 01 hour.
Exam Fee for West Bengal Sub Inspector
You have to pay the examination for west Bengal sub inspector recruitment, through online payment gateway system only. The application fee is Rs 150 for the post of sub inspector. Candidates of SC and ST category under the West Bengal state, will not have to pay any examination fee.