UPSC CIVIL SERVICES MAIN EXAM ADMIT CARD
Civil Service Examination is the toughest, popular and competitive examination held by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of various Government job positions like Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS) and Indian Police Services (IPS) every year. For appearing for this exam, candidates should have strong conceptual clarity of the subject. They should be well versed with topics like history, economy, essay, geography, polity, international relations, environment and ecology. Recently, UPSC has published Civils Mains Call letter in its official portal at www.upsc.gov.in. After the Main examination, there is a personality interview in April or May every year. Different castes can give different number of attempts for the exam – OBC can give 9 attempts, general can attempt 6 times while the ST and SC have unlimited attempts.
This year, Prelims of Civil Services was conducted on 24 August this year. Out of 450000 candidates, only 14, 959 candidates have qualified for the next level of examination. The admit cards of the candidates appearing for the UPSC Civil Service Mains Exam are out now and can downloaded at its official website www.upsc.gov.in. The admit card are not sent via post or any other means and is available online only. You can also take out print out the downloaded admit card.
Admit card is very crucial for those appearing for the exam because there is a strict checking by the examiners when sitting for the exam. For clearing UPSC Exam, a candidate needs to clear both the preliminary and second main exam. All the candidates who have cleared the Preliminary Level can only appear for the main exam. This year, the main exam will begin on 14 December and it will continue for 5 days. UPSC has released admit card for the candidates appearing for UPSC Mains Exam this year. The admit card will be available on the UPSC official website only till 28th November, 2014. It will advisable for the candidates to take out the printout of admit card soon as exams are at doorsteps and you cannot afford to miss this.
STEPS FOR DOWNLOADING UPSC CIVIL SERVICES MAIN EXAM ADMIT CARD
- Open the website upsc.gov.in
- On the home page, you will find ‘What’s new’ section. In this section, you will get a direct link to the admit card 2014
- Search for downloading option in the new page and start downloading the admit card.
- Open the downloaded admit card.
- Fill up the required information like Registration ID, Name, etc.
- Submit it.
- Save the admit card and take its print out.
PRECAUTIONS AFTER GETTING UPSC Civils Mains 2014 ADMIT CARD
Candidates should take precautionary measures after getting their admit card. Some of them are:
- Soon after getting admit card, candidate should check if there is any mistake in it or not.
- Candidates should write their Roll no., Registration ID, Name and year of examination in their respective Admit Cards.
- Candidates should keep all the documents related to the exam with them until the results of the main paper are declared.
- Candidates should keep their Hall tickets in a safe place.
- Make sure that you don’t use any false means to pass the exam or you will be expelled from the examination.