Examination Pattern for SSC – Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE)
Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Examination is the open competitive exam. The commission holds this exam for recruitment of various posts in the Departments and Ministries of the Government of India.
According to CGL Examination, the minimum requirement is candidate must have Graduation from a recognized University. The Examination has three tiers, in which two tiers consists of objective multiple choice type written examination and last and third tier consists of skill test/ computer proficiency test/ personality test/ interview. The details are given below:
- Tier -I — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -II — Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -III — Personality Test /Interview/Computer Proficiency Test or Skill Test
- Tier-I examination will be common for all categories of posts that will be held in one session consisting of only one paper.
- Tier 1 has four parts with total question and marks of 200. The time duration is given of 2 hours. First part consists of General Intelligence and Reasoning with maximum questions and marks of 50. Second part consists of General Awareness with maximum questions and marks of 50. Third part consists of Numerical Aptitude with maximum questions and marks of 50. Fourth part consists of English Comprehension with maximum question and marks of 50. The questions will be set both in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B and C. As the details has been given below.
|Part||Subject||Maximum Marks / Questions||Total Duration (GE)||Total Duration for visually handicapped candidates|
|A.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 hours||2 hours 40 min|
Note: Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer is applicable in this exam.
Tier-II is only depending upon the category of posts applied for, and the candidates must have to appear in two or three papers according to category of posts. Tier- II consists of three different subjects and papers.
- Arithmetical Ability: Total no of question is 100 with marks of 200. The time duration has been given for this exam is of 2 hours.
- English language and Comprehension: Total no of question is 100 with marks of 200 and 2 hours’ time duration has been given.
- Commerce/ Mathematics Statistics/ Economics: Total no of question is 100 with marks of 200 and the time duration has been given is of 2 hours.
Arithmetical Ability and English Language and Comprehension are compulsory for all the categories of posts. Mathematics Statistics/ Commerce/ Economics are only compulsory for the posts of Statistical Investigators Group II & Compiler.
Note: Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer is also applicable in this exam.
TIER III has two ports one is Interview and second is Skill Test. Details are given below:
- Interview/ Personality Test will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- Candidates applying for Accountant, Auditor, UDCs, Compiler and Tax Assistant are not required to appear for an interview.
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for post of Assistant in CSS only consists of having knowledge of Word Processing, generation of slides and Spread Sheets.
- Skill Test is applicable for the post of Tax Assistants like Income Tax and Central Excise. Eligible to get a 15 (fifteen) minutes duration test of skill for a Data Entry Speed in 2000 (two thousand) key depressions must score.