Recruitment Examination SSC 2015
Staff Selection Commission is a Government of India organization that has been entrusted with the responsibility of recruiting staff for various positions in Departments and Ministries in Government of India.
The main responsibilities assigned to Staff Selection Commission are to recruit staff to the posts of Group C (non-technical) and Group B (non gazetted –technical and non technical). All appointments to these categories of posts except to Railway Recruitment Board and Industrial Establishment will be made by Staff Selection Commission.
In addition, the Staff Selection Commission is also assigned the task of holding departmental examination to
- Those candidates who are at verge of promotion from Group D to LDC grade.
- Those candidates who are at verge of promotion from LDC to UDC grade.
- Those candidates who are at verge of promotion from Stenographers Grade D to Grade C.
- In addition the commission is also assigned the task of holding typewriting tests in bilingual mode ie English and Hindi.
Strong regional presence
Nationwide Staff Selection Commission has a network of 9 regional and sub regional offices. These offices are located in major cities as Allahabad, Bangalore, Guwahati, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, New Delhi and Mumbai. The sub regional offices are located in Chandigarh and Raipur.
The vast network of these regional offices is responsible for conducting interviews and processing applications for various examinations that come under its preview.
Major exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission
The list of major examinations conducted by Staff Selection Commission is as under:
- Combined Graduate Level Examination
- Sub Inspector in CAPFs
- Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF
- Sub Inspector in Delhi Police
- Constable General Duty Examination
- Combined Higher Secondary Examination
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical and Civil) Examination
- Grade C and D stenographer Examination
- Multi tasking ( Non Technical) and Jr. Hindi Translator Staff Examination
Written examinations are conducted by SSC for the posts listed above and it also makes recruitment through departmental examinations for Steno and Clerk grade. All the latest notifications and updates on these examinations are also available at the website of Staff Selection Commission (www.ssc.nic.in) or www.ssc.cr.org.
Recruitments through Service Selection Commission continue throughout the year and candidates interested in applying for any of the posts can check the updates from time to time.
For those who are looking for appearing for various departmental examinations, details are notified by the concerned departments accordingly.Candidates can leave their comments for the regarding post. If there is any query regarding this post, you can share with us. We will try to solve your query.