Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur is about to run a program for the development of national digital library. This advertisement is for selection of candidate for the provisional position of project officer. IIT kharagpur is the third most established specialized establishment in the state after IIEST Shibpur (1856) and Jadavpur University (created as Bengal specialized foundation in 1906). When the first session began in August 1951, there were 224 understudies and 42 educators in the ten branches of the organization.
Development of National Digital Library of India
- iit/SRIC/LIB/BNA/2014-15/155 on 16-9-14.
Name of the post:
- A provisional position for the post of project officer is present.
Number of the post:
- There is one opening for the post of project officer in the National Digital Library.
- Merged Compensation is between Rs. 25,000/ – to Rs. 30,000/ – per month. It is contingent on capability & experience.
- One should have MLIS or ADIS or M.Sc in Digital Library with five stars or proportional in related field and one should be at minimum 2 years’ involvement in comparable undertakings. Further important experience is attractive.
Candidate should be at minimum 2 years’ involvement in advanced library ventures having aptitudes in:
- Metadata models and diagrams (Generic and Domain-particular).
- Coordinated thesaurus taking care of and utilization of Ontology instruments.
- DDC Classification Scheme or MARC Record or Subject Headings.
- Incorporation of Citation devices.
- Information of Unices, LAMP structural planning, and RDBMS.
- Programming taking care of for Digital Archiving System, Institutional Repository, E-learning framework.
- Metadata gathering engineering.
- Content Retrieval Engine incorporation.
- Computerized and Digital Library System Management.
- Multilingual Document Processing.
- Please visit official site.
- Last date for this advertisement is 23-10-2014.
Sponsored of the project:
- This project is supported by NME-ICT, MHRD.
How to Apply:
- First get a demand draft prepared for Rs. 50 in favor of IIT Kharagpur, and this draft should be payable at Kharagpur.
- Intrigued qualified persons may apply on plain paper, giving full bio-information alongside authenticated duplicates of testimonials to the undersigned at the very latest 23rdoct 2014.
Responsibilities after joining the post would be:
- Overseeing the occupation of Junior Project Officers (Library).
- Aiding the specialized backing to the Junior Project Officers (Library) for report order, assessing and altering metadata of the distinctive sorts of e-substance.
- Comparing with scholarly organizations for metadata gathering.
- Isolating the copyright and non-copyright e-substance.
- Classifying the different e-substance.
- All aspects of provided information should be correct.
- With the assistance of Bidhan Chandra Roy who is known as boss clergyman of West Bengal, Humayun Kabir and Jogendra Singh shaped a council in 1946 to consider the making of higher specialized organizations “for mechanical improvement in India after war. This was trailed by the preparation of a 22-part advisory group headed by Nalini Ranjan Sarkar. In its break report, the Sarkar Committee suggested the foundation of higher specialized foundations in India, along the lines of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and counseling from the University of Illinois at Urbana–champaign alongside associated optional establishments. And at last this institute was made.